donderdag 3 januari 2013

Distubing custom content for The Sims 2

Bad news simmers, The Sims 2 website is closing down on January the 14th. I think I'm not the only one who's a bit sad about that. The Sims 2 website had a lot of amazing custom content, maybe even more than websites as ModTheSims.
But trying to get over this I decided to go through the custom content I downloaded for The Sims 2 the last couple of years and I realised I had some really disturbing things. Let me show you the most disturbing custom content for The Sims 2.

When I started my game and opened the lovely neighbourhood of Pleasantville I decided to make a new family. I thought the custom content in create-a-sim couldn't be really bad. Oh... I was so wrong. Firstly, the eyes... I had downloaded so many eyes that it took me about ten minutes to reach the Maxis made eyes. Ten minutes! For real. And the eyes... They were so ugly! I know you probably think they were okay. Yes, I thought so too. Seeing custom eyes are usually like this:


They already look really stupid, compared to Maxis made eyes, but still. I think you'll get used to them eventually and there are probably people out there that love eyes like these.
But then I got to the disturbing part...

Aren't they horrible? I couldn't believe I actually downloaded these eyes. I mean... Who would ever do this to their precious pixel people? Well... I wouldn't.

Oh well, after I had made two adults I made them three kids. Two boys and a teenage girl. At least, I thought I made two boys. When I created their third "son" and looked at his available clothing options I realized I had accidentally made Damien a girl!

I didn't know how I could have made such a big mistake. Okay, my Sim obviously didn't care, but I had never thought one of my girls was a boy before, never!
When I wanted to change his name I realised why this had happened.

I didn't mix up anything. I knew I hadn't seen this "girls clothing" before! Damien WAS a boy! So for some reason all of these cool girl clothes that I'd never seen at the actual girl's section before were actually boys clothes? Were they really? Why didn't I notice this before? Well... Seeing this definitely not done by Maxis I hereby classify these clothes as distubring custom content.
Oh well, I thought he/she looked pretty cute anyway so I decided he could wear the outfit.

After this little crossdresser my family was done and I moved them into one of the pre build houses to show you some of the weird furniture I had. But oh my God... I was so done when I saw all of the boys in my households had penises sticking out of their pants. This was so not right. SO not right. Even my two little boys ... Ew... I didn't like this at all. I was even more disturbed by this than the object they were probably made for... I don't know if you are, so please get ready for the most disturbing custom buy mode object you will ever see.

I kid you not... These two Sims are Woohoo-ing, yet there is no censor at all. And their kids are in the room, although this has nothing to do with the custom buy mode object this paragraph is about.
That innocent looking rug is nothing more than an orgy rug. So this, my dear simmers, is nothing! You can invite anyone over to the rug to make perform random sexual acts with your sims. Anyone. The maid, the gardener, your own children, aliens, Mortimer Goth... Anyone.


And last but definitely not less disturbing... See that alarm clock on this teenager's nightstand? Yes? It looks and is about as innocent as that rug. This "alarm clock" is called the inteenimater and it impregnates teenage Sims. There is nothing to be seen this time. But it gives your teenage Sims the option to get pregnant with whoever they like (without having to try for baby) and they can even choose if they want just one baby or maybe even twins. If you thought that was already disturbing enough... Listen to this. When your teen is pregnant the inteenimater shows new options in the menu. For example, you can make your teen have a miscarriage. They will get a negative memory and a very bad mood for days if you go for that one. You can even make her have an abortion. Or you can decide to make your Sims go into labor straight away.

Well, after these few things I thought I had already seen too much of this custom content I shouldn't have downloaded. I don't even know why I downloaded most of these things. Probably for machinimas? I don't know. To me those horrible eyes are the biggest mystery, because I cannot use them for storytelling or anything. They are just ugly!

Oh well... I don't like custom content anymore. Because I used to fill my The Sims 2 game up with all these objects and outfits I didn't need my game got incredibly slow. For that reason I have never downloaded custom content for The Sims 3 and I never will. You get addicted and don't appreciate anything that comes with the game anymore. I saw a anonymous Sims Confession a few weeks ago that pretty much summed it up.

"Downloading in the Exchange is like dealing in the black market. You have to know the right people. You never know if there's going to be a virus or something. Then you have to siftt through installed stuff and uninstall the stupid stuff. And in the end it ruins your game and you're addicted."

Sulsul and happy simming!




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten